Wednesday, March 25, 2015

{Weight Loss Wednesday} Week 4


Although I haven't posted about my weight loss the past couple weeks, I am still striving towards my weight loss goals!

In the last four weeks I have survived two birthday parties and one Initial Outfitters party with lots of yummy treats. Despite many mental battles to have cake or not to have cake, I'm happy to report that I have a total weight loss of 11 pounds so far! 11 pounds in 4 weeks...I'll take it!

I thought I would share what a typical day looks like for me in regards to the food I eat. My Fitness Pal has me eating around 960 calories per day in order to lose 2 pounds per week. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but as long as I eat snacks and drink water between meals I'm satisfied throughout the day. Keep in mind, I workout about 30 minutes around  3-5 days a week. I'm not running marathons or doing strenuous exercise so I don't feel that it is necessary to increase my calories based on exercise.

Breakfast: For breakfast I've been having two hard boiled eggs and a piece of turkey bacon. I love this because I boil a weeks worth of eggs on Sunday night and store them in the refrigerator for a quick breakfast each morning. This breakfast is full of protein which keeps hunger away until snack. 


Snack: I have recently discovered this delicious snack! 


I make this by blending one cup of Frozen fruit and water (enough for the right consistency) and then pop it in the freezer at work until snack time. Seeing as it is frozen it takes a while for me to eat it which again helps ensure I don't get hungry before lunch. 

Lunch: I typically eat the same thing each day for lunch. I realize that some people hate that but it helps me stay on track! I have a turkey burger and broccoli along with a fruit cup (no added sugar) and plenty of water. 


Snack: My favorite afternoon snack is a bag of Skinny Pop popcorn. I typically enjoy my snack right after the kiddos leave school but today I was running behind and ate it in the car on the way to pick up my boys. 


Dinner: Tacos are a weekly staple in our dinner rotation. They are perfect because the boys love them and I can make a low calorie version for myself. I make them with ground turkey rather than beef. Shhh....don't tell the boys! Brian, Elijah and Griffin eat their taco in the traditional way while I enjoy mine as a taco salad rather than on a tortilla. 

I ended the day with T25 alongside my workout partner, my sister! Now I'm exhausted and ready for bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment