Wednesday, March 4, 2015

{Weight Loss Wednesday} Week 1

Let's take a picture walk through time shall we....

         Wedding                      1st baby                         2nd baby                    Currently


Can you guess my dilemma??

Brian and I got married in 2008 and I was the smallest that I had ever been! In 2010 our first born son, Elijah, was born. I lost quite a bit of weight after his delivery but never got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. In 2013 our 2nd son, Griffin, was born. Again, I lost quite a bit of weight but am nowhere near where I was when I got married. This "current" picture is actually from Elijah's 4th birthday party last summer. It was extremely hard for me to find a current full body picture...wonder why??

I've decided that it is time to start my weight loss journey. No more saying I need to lose weight and not sticking with a diet, no more "I'll start my diet on Monday", no more excuses! I want to be healthy for my kids and for myself!

For Valentine's Day I asked the hubby for a Fitbit. He responded as any good husband would by saying I didn't need a Fitbit. I plead my case and hoped he would change his mind. Valentine's Day rolled around and sure enough he had gotten me one!

Now I know the Fitbit isn't a magic weight loss pill but it is definitely a huge motivator for me to be more active! I also downloaded the My Fitness Pal App and have linked it to my Fitbit. I am loving the combination of these two! My current weight loss plan is counting calories and increasing exercise. I make sure to get 10,000 steps per day and am working out with Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD.

I am already one week into this weight loss plan and am already down 4 pounds!! My goal is to lose a total of 30 pounds! Yikes! I am on track to lose 2 pounds a week (according to My Fitness Pal) so hopefully in 15 weeks I will have achieved my goal! That sounds like such a loooooong journey but I know that I can do it! I plan to use this little blog of mine as a way to hold myself accountable. I will weigh in each Wednesday and write about my progress, struggles, successes, etc. Check back in next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment