Friday, February 20, 2015

Snow Day 2015

Monday morning school was called off because of impending inclement weather. Seeing as the snow hadn't arrived yet, I headed to work to get a few things done. After a quick workday and meeting up with a friend for lunch I headed to pick up the boys. We headed home and anxiously awaited the arrival of the SNOW! As you can see, they were ready! When the snow began to fall I had two super excited boys on my hands.


For dinner we had the most delicious potato soup, which was perfect for the cold evening.

On Tuesday we woke up to a winter wonderland! Elijah had hardly woken up before he was begging to go outside to play in the snow! Seeing as I wasn't quite ready to face the freezing temperatures, we made "snow" they could play with indoors. I used baking soda and hair conditioner. I know this sounds absurd but it really is the coolest thing! The boys were engaged for an hour playing with their "snow"! An hour people...that is nearly an eternity in boy time!




After I held them off as long as possible, we bundled up and went outside to enjoy the snow. I'm pretty sure we spent longer getting dressed to go outside than we actually spent outside! Elijah loved the snow but Griffin wasn't a fan. He preferred sitting in sled and observing. 







When Griffin assured us that he was DONE with the snow we headed inside for lunch and his nap. 

Later that day, we decided to brave the cold once again to go sledding next door at my sister's house. Elijah loved every second of it and announced that it was "the best day EVER!" Again, Griffin much preferred being a spectator. 

  Griffin taking it all in...
 My niece, Kyleigh Kate, "racing" Elijah.
 Elijah had a blast!

 Silly boy!
 My sister, Katie, trying to get Griffin excited about the snow...
2nd attempt wasn't a success either!

We ended the day by enjoying pizza with some of the family and early bedtimes. I am so thankful to be able to be home on snow days with my boys and make memories that will last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment