Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Living Room Makeover

Prior to Brian and I building our house, I had never decorated my own space before. When the decorating process began I wanted to paint the walls a color...I didn't want white walls everywhere! Soooo I chose a really bright green which I loved at the time! Looking back at this before picture I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking! Haha! 


Fast forward six years and we decided it was time for a change. I decided to go with Revere Pewter from Benjamin Moore. I'm obsessed with this color! It is the perfect neutral color. The first item we purchased for our living room makeover was these beautiful Nautica cabana striped curtains. My friend, Sara, recommended them for our living room and I LOVE them! 


My next mission was to find the perfect chair and end table for one of the corners in my living room. I search for what seemed like forever before finding the chair I couldn't live without at T.J. Maxx. Isn't this chair perfect? I actually found more than just the perfect chair during my trip to T.J. Maxx. I found the chair, pillow, end table, lamp and the letter "L" for our last name. All of which I just had to have and with their great prices I couldn't pass it up. Haha!


Once the sectional we order was delivered the room was complete! My mom gave me these fabulous pillows as a Christmas gift and they were perfect for the color scheme I was going for. I created a photo gallery above the couch with IKEA photo ledges and another DIY canvas of our latest family photo. 


I love love love how it turned out! And just because I love before and after pictures here is a side by side comparison! 





No comments:

Post a Comment