Tuesday, April 21, 2015

{Weight Loss Wednesday} Week 8

Weight Loss the past 2 Weeks: 4.4lbs
Total Weight Loss: 18 lbs

I didn't get to officially "weigh in" last week due to a spontaneous family trip to the beach. The trip to the beach, however, proved as an excellent test of my will power! Surrounded by people who indulged in yummy food quite frequently, I am proud to say that I managed to stay on track! I continued with my usual breakfast of eggs each morning. I didn't eat as frequently as I typically do but tried to squeeze in a few healthy snacks throughout the day. Each night we went out to dinner so I turned to my trusty Fitness Pal App and personal trainer brother to keep me on track. I made the following dinner choices, all of which were delicious!

Dinner choices:

Texas Roadhouse: 6oz sirloin, sauteed onions and a house salad with dressing on the side (No BREAD!)

Nakato Japanese Steakhouse: Hibachi chicken and veggies without the rice

Olive Garden: Half of the lunch portion Five cheese ziti

Is it possible to have dinner at the beach without an ice cream dessert? I don't know about your family but my family seems to think ice cream is a MUST after dinner out at the beach. Luckily, my in-laws love frozen yogurt so we enjoyed frozen yogurt after dinner each night. I chose a small cup of the fat free and no sugar added variety each night. At between 80-110 calories I was proud of my choices and happy to not feel deprived of a typical beach treat.

Upon arriving home, I am more motivated than ever to continue on my healthy eating plan. I feel like if I can survive a vacation while maintaining my diet then I most certainly can continue to do well at home.

This week I have discovered two new diet staples:

EAS Lean 15 Protein Powder I have started using this protein powder as my morning snack. It is honestly so good! It seriously tastes like a fudge pop. I'm definitely going to try freezing this and eating it as an ice cream.

PB 2 Powdered Peanut Butter This stuff is so weird but so good. It is peanut butter in powder form but has all the good protein of peanut butter without the fat and sugar of traditional peanut butter. This is the perfect compliment to apple slices.

I'm looking forward to another great week filled with healthy choices! 

No comments:

Post a Comment