Monday, April 6, 2015

{Family Fun} Spring Break


Due to a large amount of snow days, our Spring Break was shortened this year. However, I had THE BEST time with my little family!

On Wednesday, Brain and I decided to take the kiddos to daycare so that we could finish up finding goodies for their Easter baskets and spend some time together. As parents, we have found that date nights turn into date days quite often. Either way, we cherish our time together as a couple. After a successful shopping day and a yummy lunch at Phoenix Asian Cuisine, I headed to my much anticipated hair appointment.

Wednesday morning I was certain that I was going to change the color of my hair and keep the length the same. However, once I arrived at the salon and talked to my hair stylist I decided to keep the color the same and cut off a great deal of the length...seven inches to be exact! I love how it turned out and the fact that my drying time was cut in half makes me love it even more! What do you think?


Unfortunately, Brian had to work on Thursday so the boys and I decided to make the most of our day together. I started my morning with the boys off with yummy Easter themed pancakes. The boys LOVED them!


Brian and I decided that Friday would be a family fun day at Burlington City Park. I knew that the park had a train and seeing as my boys are obsessed with trains, we knew this was the perfect day trip. I wasn't expecting there to be so many other attractions that the boys loved. There was a carousel, boat ride, car track, air plane ride and playground. The best part is that it is super affordable. We bought two books of 10 tickets and only spent $16! We had a blast and will definitely be going back!





Saturday morning we had an Easter Egg hunt at the church I grew up in. It's always neat to see my kids participating in events that I did as a child, though it also makes me feel super old!



Next, we headed to see a monster truck crush some cars at a local mechanic shop.


Saturday evening we celebrated Easter with Brian's parents. We had a delicious steak dinner followed by an egg hunt for the kiddos. Do you see how strong the boy genes are in this family???



Easter morning was filled with two excited little boys! They both loved the gifts the Easter Bunny left them and spent most of the morning playing with their new trains and reading their new books.



After getting ready, we headed to church to celebrate the true meaning of Easter! We tried to take a few pictures outside of church but trying to get a picture of two boys looking and smiling in the same direction is nearly impossible!





Following church we went to my grandmother's house to celebrate Easter with my mom's side of the family. We had a yummy lunch and a family Easter egg hunt.


As you can see, we had a busy few days and I am forever grateful for my time with my family! Now counting down the days for our next family fun time....





No comments:

Post a Comment