Monday, June 1, 2015

{Weekend Adventures} 7 Year Wedding Anniversary Trip

Brian surprised me with a trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee for our anniversary! He arranged for his mom and dad to watch the boys for the weekend. This was a huge deal seeing as I've never been away from them for longer than one night. The fact that the boys are obsessed with spending time with their Nanny and Poppy made it so much easier to be away from them. 

During the four hour trip to Tennessee Brian and I discussed our plans for the weekend. He decided zip lining was the first activity on our "must do" list. I was extremely hesitant at first but so thankful I went along with the plan! Climb Works has created an amazing experience and is one Brian and I will forever remember. The course is made up of nine different zip lines, each one leading to the next. The view of the Great Smokey Mountains  is stunning! I began the experience slightly nervous and ended the experience planning our next sunset adventure! 




Next on the agenda was to tour Gatlinburg. We loved walking around town hand in hand and taking in the scenery. As if zip lining wasn't enough, we road the Sky Lift to take in another amazing view. We also used the magic of FaceTime to let Elijah and Griffin join in our adventure! 


Saturday morning we woke up to the most amazing view from our bed! I could seriously get used to this! 


After getting ready, we headed to Paula Deen's restaurant. Y'all, I can't even tell you how good the food was. It was seriously delicious! Seeing as I've been on a pretty strict diet the last couple months, I was in heaven! Haha! I love sweet tea but don't usually drink it due to the calories. Seeing as I was at Paula Deen's restaurant, I decided to splurge on it and I'm so glad I did! 




Following our yummy lunch, we decided to head to the Tanger Outlets to do some shopping and walk off some of the massive amount of food we had just eaten. These Outlets were the best I've ever been to. We walked around for hours and only went to half of the stores. I was super excited that I was able to score some great deals on new clothes that were greatly needed! 

After doing some damage to our bank account we decided to head over to Wonder Works where we laid on a bed of nails, felt hurricane force winds, found out our life expectancy, watched a magic show and much more! 




We ended the night with dinner and a game of putt-putt with beautiful mountains in the distance. 


Sunday morning Brian insisted that we head back to Paula Deen's to try out her breakfast menu. I have to say, it was even more delicius than our previous lunch. I opted out of the sweet tea this go round seeing as I was still recovering from the sugar spike the day before. 


After breakfast, we began our journey back home. We enjoyed every second of our trip and the uninterrupted time we were able to spend together will forever be treasured. I'm so looking forward to the next hundred years with this man and out little family! 






No comments:

Post a Comment