Sunday, August 31, 2014

Elijah's 4th Birthday: Construction Theme

It's official! I'm the worst blogger EVER! It's now been close to two months since Elijah's party and I haven't documented it yet!

Elijah is a typical four year old boy and is obsessed with all things cars, trucks and dirt! He is especially fond of construction type vehicles, thanks to all of the road construction going on in our area. So a construction themed party was perfect!

Per the usual, I began searching Pinterest for as many DIY decor projects as I could find. I ended up making his cake based on a tutorial I had found. I was thrilled with how it turned out!


One of my favorite parts of the decor was the food table. Each food item had a corresponding construction term. This table was a huge hit at the party! The kids loved the yummy food and the adults loved the clever match-ups between the food and the construction theme. 



We created several stations for the kiddos making sure to stick with the construction theme. We had a station where the kids hammered golf tees into foam blocks that I had wrapped in construction themed paper. 

Other stations included a "construction site" where kiddos used giant bricks to build their masterpieces. Also, we used a baby pool to create a sand pit filled with miniature tractors, dump trucks and bulldozers. 




Elijah was thrilled to see his load of presents as well! He ended up with every construction toy that exists, I'm certain! He was beyond excited and still plays with these toys daily!

What's a construction party without TRACTORS?? This was by far Elijah's favorite part of the party! My uncle was kind enough to supply two tractors for the kiddos to sit on and take pictures with. They were a huge it all around!


I had a great time planning Elijah's 4th birthday! All of the hard work always pays off when I see how excited he his during the party! I'm already dreaming up and pinning away for his next party! 



No comments:

Post a Comment