Thursday, July 17, 2014

Teacher's Toolbox and a New Classroom Theme

I have been scouring Pinterest for some classroom organization tips! I came across many amazing ideas, but one was so fabulous that I had to make it immediately!

Introducing the teacher's toolbox...


Haha! I know it doesn't look like much now, but wait until you see the finished product! I bought this 22 compartment storage masterpiece at Lowes. The navy color didn't work well with my classroom color scheme so I opted to spray paint it black! I LOVE the black, however the spray painting didn't go as well as I had hoped! I've read that you can find the same product in gray at Home Depot, so that may be a better option! I removed all of the drawers and spray painted the entire organizer black! While it was drying I began printing and cutting my labels. I purchased my labels off of Teachers Pay Teachers and followed this fabulous tutorial. The total project took me about an hour! I am in love with the finished product and cannot wait to use it in my classroom next year!



My hubby had a day off yesterday so we decided to let the boys go to daycare and have a very rare date day! We started the day off at IHOP, which was delicious! I highly recommend the cinnamon pancakes! 

Despite my best efforts, we didn't go to IKEA, but I did manage to convince him to take me shopping for my classroom! For the past six years, I have had a jungle theme in my classroom. This year, I decided it was time for a change! I decided to go with BRIGHT colors and chevron with a splash of elephants! Weird combination, I know! However, I'm obsessed with elephants and thanks to my friend, Sara, I've found a fabulous classroom decor pack that perfectly integrates my love of chevron and my obsession with elephants! We stopped by the Dollar Tree where I scored loads of book baskets that matched my color scheme perfectly! Next, we headed to Walmart in hopes of finding a coordinating rug! I lucked up and got the last chevron rug they had and it was perfect!! On the way to checkout we passed my favorite find of the day....an elephant beanbag!!!! I am beyond thrilled about this purchase!! Since I was unable to find a chevron chair (every chevron themed classroom has to have a chevron chair, right??), I ordered one online and can't wait for it to arrive! Overall, I am ecstatic about the progress I am making towards redecorating my classroom! 




No comments:

Post a Comment