Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Griffin's 1st Birthday

On March 19th our little caterpillar turned ONE (bring on the tissues)! We celebrated with a Very Hungry Caterpillar themed birthday party. I got a bit carried away with the caterpillar theme, but I loved every second of the time I spent creating decorations for his party. One of my favorite things about being a mom is being able to plan birthday celebrations for my boys.

Let the Pinterest inspired decorations commence! 



I created a caterpillar to display each of the monthly photos I had taken of Griffin over the past year.


The birthday boy's older brother, Elijah helped to create the hand print caterpillar that was proudly displayed throughout the party.


Of course I decided to stick with The Very Hungry Caterpillar theme when it came to planning the party food! The food labels were printed from this site
 This was my first attempt at making cupcake ice cream cones. The night before his party I decided to make a practice batch. Thank the Lord that I did! Note to self...when making cupcake ice cream cones only fill the cone about three quarters of the way full because the batter will rise. Duh! Oh well, mistakes are for learning! :) The second batch turned out perfectly.


Caterpillar in a Cocoon 


Grape Caterpillars



The cake! I'm in love with how it turned out! I also placed his invitation on the cake platter. 



I decided to make Griffin's smash cake. I think it turned out pretty cute!


As party favors, I chose to give the little ones bug catchers filled with bubble and skittles. I also wanted a way to document the guests that attended that party so I purchased a caterpillar that the guests could sign. 


The "thank you" cards were created by this Etsy shop.


I made caterpillar hats for the older kiddos to wear.
 The craft table consisted of thumb print caterpillars and coffee filter butterflies. The older girls enjoyed this table the most.

Mommy and Daddy with the birthday boy!


My boys! I purchased Griffin's shirt from this Etsy shop.
I can't believe my baby is ONE!!!




2 comments:

  1. I loved his party decor! I need you to make Harper's smash cake! You did a great job (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will definitely make her cake if you want me to.

    ReplyDelete